Triblock P is used to treat damp substrates and is ideally suited for:
- old ceramic or terrazzo floors on substrates with excessive residual moisture;
- very compact cement subfloors with a residual moisture content higher than recommended for the application of wood and elastic floors and resin floors;
- The treatment of damp concrete surfaces prior to the application of epoxy resin-based protective and corrosion inhibitors or coatings with water vapor-tight polyurethane systems;
- the lining of channels, sewer lines and concrete pipes; and in a ratio of 1 : 0.5 supplemented with sand of Kwartz 0.25 or Kwartz 0.5 for leveling uneven surfaces.
Triblock P is a three-component epoxy cement system, capable of varnishing on damp surfaces, including very smooth ones (ceramic tiles, vitrified clay, terrazzo tiles, marble, etc.), and forming a compact layer on which to apply parquet, PVC, linoleum, ceramic, epoxy and polyurethane coatings and cement-based levelling compounds. This product was developed in MAPEI’s research laboratories. It can be used directly from the package and may be diluted with water. In addition, it can be supplemented with sand of Kwartz 0.25 or Kwartz 0.5 to obtain a leveling mortar that can be applied to irregular concrete surfaces when good mechanical resistance is required for the covering to be applied.
- 250-300 g/m2 per coat on non-absorbent substrates;
- 400-500 g/m2 per coat on absorbent substrates;
- 1.5 kg/m2 per mm layer thickness as an equalizing layer.