Which epoxy should I choose?
Epoxy is a very versatile product. With this decision aid you are assured of the right epoxy at home!
What are you going to use the epoxy for?
A. To coat furniture
b. As a UV-resistant top layer
c. For pouring furniture or molds
D. To create 2D artworks
E. I want to try everything with it
The best epoxy for your project can be found in the table below. Finally, choose the desired layer thickness.
|Product||Processing time||max. layer thickness|
|a||FLOW RESIN Epoxy Coating Transparent UV||20 minutes||0.5 cm|
|B||FLOW RESIN Epoxy casting resin UV resistant||120 min||3 cm|
|C||FLOW RESIN Epoxy casting resin for medium castings||120 min||3 cm|
|C||FLOW RESIN Epoxy casting resin for large castings||360 min||10 cm|
|d||FLOW RESIN UV Resin Art Epoxy MV – thick||20 minutes||0.5 cm|
|d||FLOW RESIN UV Resin Art Epoxy LV – thin||120 min||3 cm|
|E||FLOW RESIN Universal epoxy casting resin fast||20 minutes||0.5 cm|
|E||FLOW RESIN Universal epoxy casting resin slow||100 min||3 cm|
Flow Resin Epoxy casting resin UV is UV stable and especially suitable for table tops and layers between 0.5 and 3 cm.
Applications Flow Resin Epoxy Casting Resin UV
- Wood processing (manufacturing) of table tops (with exotic effects such as marble, mother-of-pearl and metal effects)
- Pouring objects with a thin to thick (0.5 to 3 cm) layer for protection
Advantages Flow Resin Epoxy Casting Resin UV:
- Excellent self-venting ability
- Mixing ratio by weight 100:33 or 3:1
- Crystal clear (highly transparent)
- Very good fluidity
Watch fun and inspiring videos on our YouTube channel about what you can make with casting resin. Of course, many different applications are conceivable with this product. We have done a beautiful marble look table project and you can find it here:
Applying color in casting resin
If you want to apply a nice color instead of the standard transparent casting resin, there is plenty of choice! We have clear (transparent), metallic and RAL pigments available. In addition, the ready-made combinations such as the Earth-collection and Sea-collection .
|set||Epoxy resin (comp. A)||Hardener (comp. B)|
|1 kg||0.75 kg||0.25 kg|
|2 kg||1.50 kg||0.50 kg|
|5 kg||3.75 kg||1.25 kg|
|10 kg||7.50 kg||2.50 kg|
|40 kg||30.0 kg||10.00 kg|
Properties of Flow Resin Epoxy Casting Resin UV
- Mixing ratio: 3:1 (100 grams of resin to 33 grams of hardener)
- Processing time 500gr at (20°C):120 minutes
- Curing time: 24 to 36 hours
- Fully cured: 6 days
- Consumption per m2 (per mm height): 1.10 kg
- Temperature resistance: 65 degrees
- Minimum casting height: 5mm (0.5cm)
- Maximum casting height: 30mm (3.0cm)