Description and application:
UZIN PE 480 is a 2-component epoxy resin for sealing and priming absorbent and non-absorbent substrates with a very high residual moisture content before laying floor coverings, parquet and tiles. Can be used indoors and outdoors.
Versatile suitable as/for:
- Moisture barrier on cement-bound, moisture-resistant substrates, such as on rough, very dense or smooth cement-bound floors, concrete surfaces, etc. without limiting the maximum residual moisture percentage
- Surface strengthening primer on mineral, absorbent substrates, e.g. cement and calcium sulphate bonded floors as well as magnesium and wood screed floors, concrete, etc.
- Bonding layer on sanded tiled, stone and terrazzo surfaces, on old substrates with adhering residues of glue, levelling, paint or floor covering. Also suitable on surfaces with non-waterproof adhesive residues such as fixations or glue based on sulphite lye, etc.
- Approved for hot water underfloor heating and castor load according to DIN EN 12 529.
UZIN PE 480 is suitable for use in all cases where the application of up to approx. 5 wt. -% effective shielding effect of UZIN PE 460 for insufficiently dry cement substrates is no longer sufficient.
Recommendation: Too high a moisture content in moisture-sensitive substrates, eg calcium sulphate or magnesium floors, wooden subfloors, etc. may not be screened off.
Please note: before further processing with leveling compounds or mortar products, UZIN PE 480 must always be professionally sanded in with fire-dried quartz sand 0.4 – 0.8 mm or pre-coated with UZIN PE 280 **.
Pure, very high-quality 2-component epoxy-based resin. Specially developed for floor work on substrates where normal drying to the permissible residual moisture percentage is not possible, but which must be ready for installation quickly. A special resin that, unlike many other EP resins, can even cure on wet and damp surfaces. A moisture measurement using the CM method is generally no longer necessary.
Binder: polyamine cured epoxy resin.
- Water and solvent free
- Excellent covering and filling power
- Water and frost resistant
- Chemical resistant
- Very fast drying even on wet surfaces
- Shorten the waiting time with “fresh substrates”.