Which epoxy should I choose?
Epoxy is a very versatile product. With this decision aid you are assured of the right epoxy at home!
What are you going to use the epoxy for?
A. To coat furniture
B. As a UV-resistant top layer
C. To pour furniture or moulds
D. To create 2D artworks
E. I want to try everything with it
The best epoxy for your project can be found in the table below. Finally, choose the desired layer thickness.
|Product||Processing time||max. layer thickness|
|a||FLOW RESIN Epoxy Coating Transparent UV||20 minutes||0.5 cm|
|B||FLOW RESIN Epoxy casting resin UV resistant||120 min||3 cm|
|C||FLOW RESIN Epoxy casting resin for medium castings||120 min||3 cm|
|C||FLOW RESIN Epoxy casting resin for large castings||360 min||10 cm|
|d||FLOW RESIN UV Resin Art Epoxy MV – thick||20 minutes||0.5 cm|
|d||FLOW RESIN UV Resin Art Epoxy LV – thin||120 min||3 cm|
|E||FLOW RESIN Universal epoxy casting resin fast||20 minutes||0.5 cm|
|E||FLOW RESIN Universal epoxy casting resin slow||100 min||3 cm|
Flow Resin Epoxy casting resin for large castings up to a layer of 10cm. Very suitable for epoxy river tables, for example.
- Filling industrial molds requiring long processing time
- Creating river tables where large volumes and heights have to be reached
- Encapsulating objects
Advantages Flow Resin Epoxy casting resin for large castings
- UV stable and highly transparent
- Excellent self-venting ability
- Mixing ratio by weight 100:50 or 2:1
- Good chemical resistance and resistance to moisture and water after curing
- Processing height 1 to 10 cm
Watch fun and inspiring videos on our YouTube channel about what you can make with casting resin. This video provides many insights into how to make an epoxy river table. And in this video we pour several pieces of wood into a table.
Applying color in casting resin
If you want to apply a nice color instead of the standard transparent casting resin, there is plenty of choice! We have clear (transparent) and metallic pigments. Or choose your own RAL pigments and we will mix them according to color especially for you.
|set||Epoxy resin (comp. A)||Hardener (comp. B)|
|0.75 kg||0.50 kg||0.25 kg|
|1.50 kg||1.00 kg||0.50 kg|
|3.00 kg||2.00 kg||1.00 kg|
|7.50 kg||5.00 kg||2.50 kg|
|15.0 kg||10.0 kg||5.00 kg|
|30.0 kg||20.0 kg||10.0 kg|
|60.0 kg||40.0 kg||20.0 kg|
- Processing time 500gr* at 20 degrees: 360 minutes
- Curing time (20 degrees): 3 – 6 days
- Full curing: 14 days
- Minimum casting height: 10mm (1 cm)
- Maximum casting height: 100mm (10 cm)
- Consumption per m2 (per mm height): 1.10 kg
- Temperature resistance: 65 degrees
*With a large quantity, the processing time is shorter due to exothermic reaction in the mixing bucket. (with an exothermic reaction, heat is released, which accelerates the reaction that was already going on and thus becomes relatively larger with larger quantities) Never mix more than necessary.