- Waterproofing of interior walls and floors that are not continuously flooded and not subject to rising damp. Flexible, anti-tear membrane. To be applied before ceramic tile or natural stone is applied. Mapegum WPS can be used on:
- gypsum board, gypsum plaster or cement plaster, aerated concrete blocks and bonded wood;
- cement, anhydrite, wood and magnesite substrates and existing ceramic and natural stone after Eco Prim T has been applied.
- The product is EC1 Plus certified by the GEV Institute (Gemeinschaft Emissions-kontrollierte Verlegewerkstoffe e.V) as a product with very low emissions of volatile organic compounds.
- Ready for use.
- Rapid application.
- Floor coatings can be applied after 12 hours.
- Excellent stretching properties.
- No reinforcement needed.
- Waterproofing of walls and floors in bathrooms and shower rooms before ceramic, mosaic or natural stone is applied.
- Waterproofing of walls and floors in kitchens and countertops before ceramic or natural stone is applied.
Mapegum WPS is a ready-to-use, solvent-free, one-component, gray-colored paste based on synthetic resins, in an aqueous dispersion. Mapegum WPS has a thixotropic shape that allows it to be easily applied to horizontal, inclined or vertical surfaces. After the rapid evaporation of the water, Mapegum WPS forms a non-sticky, elastic layer that can be lightly walked on and is an excellent substrate for adhesives used to apply ceramics, marble and natural stone. Because of its elasticity, Mapegum WPS is resistant to the normal expansion and contraction movements of the substrate caused by temperature fluctuations and vibrations. Thanks to this elastic property, Mapegum WPS works as a membrane against cracks on substrates that suffer from hairline cracks (< 1 mm). Mapegum WPS is resistant to water, calcareous water (pH > 12) and chlorinated water as well as to normal household cleaning products.
The consumption of Mapegum WPS is approximately 1.5 kg/ m2 per mm of layer thickness.