Interior and exterior grouting of all types of ceramic floors and walls (double-baked, single-baked, clinker, porcelain, etc.), terracotta, stone material (natural stone, marble, granite, agglomerates, etc.), glass and marble mosaic.
- Grouting of floors and walls in areas subject to heavy traffic (airports, shopping malls, restaurants, bars, etc.).
- Grouting of floors and walls in residential areas (hotels, private houses, etc.).
- Grouting of floors and walls on facades, balconies, terraces and in swimming pools.
Ultracolor Plus is a mortar composed of a mixture of special hydraulic binders, graded aggregates, special polymers, water-repellent admixtures, organic molecules and pigments. Ultracolor Plus does not contain Portland cement, making it a safe product for users. At the basis of Ultracolor Plus is the Ultracolor technology which is based on a special, self-hydrating, hydraulic binder that guarantees perfectly even colors, through two innovative technologies that are the result of MAPEI research: BioBlock® and DropEffect®. BioBlock® technology is characterized by special organic molecules that distribute evenly in the microstructure of the grout, blocking the formation of microorganisms that cause mold damage. Synergistic DropEffect® technology reduces surface water absorption. Mixing Ultracolor Plus with the recommended amount of water and using it properly creates a grout with the following characteristics:
- Water repellent and drip effect;
- even color and free of stains since Ultracolor Plus does not cause a rash. An analysis performed with an electron microscope (SEM) shows that, compared to Portland cement-based binders in a normal cement grout, the special cements in Ultracolor Plus do not generate calcium hydroxide crystals (hydrolyzed lime) during the hydration process, which cause efflorescence;
- colors are resistant to UV rays and weathering;
- Short waiting time for cleaning and easy finishing;
- After a short period of time lightly walkable and ready for use;
- smooth, compact surface, with low water absorption and therefore easy to clean;
- shrinkage compensated, so virtually free of cracks;
- Optimal wear, compression and flexural strength, even after freeze/thaw cycles and therefore very durable;
- Good resistance to acids with pH > 3.