Universal primer for improving the adhesion of levelling compounds on all absorbent and non-absorbent indoor surfaces.
- Preparation of very compact and smooth cement plasters and concrete floors on which MAPEI levelling compounds are to be applied (see products for preparing substrates).
- Prepare surfaces with adhesive residue or old adhering levelling layers before applying and smoothing a cementitious adhesive to them.
- Preparing gypsum, anhydrite, wood, plywood suture, chipboard, terrazzo, ceramic or natural stone surfaces before applying and smoothing a cement adhesive to them.
Eco Prim T is an easy-to-apply acrylic primer based on resins in water dispersion. It has excellent adhesion, waterproofing and resistance to aging. Eco Prim T is an easy-to-apply, ready-to-use white colored liquid. It is applied using a brush or roller. Eco Prim T is non-flammable and contains very low emissions of volatile organic compounds (EMICODE EC1 Plus). It can be stored without special precautions. Eco Prim T meets ASTM D 1308 standards and is resistant to urine.
- Apply Eco Prim T only to interior floors.
- On magnesite substrates, use Primer EP or Mapeprim SP.
- Apply Eco Prim T only to moisture-resistant wood.
- Do not apply Eco Prim T to substrates subject to rising damp.
APPLICATION OF PRIMER
Eco Prim T can be applied by brush or roller. Typically, the agent should be diluted 1 to 2 with water if applied to cement or anhydrite substrates. It is applied undiluted to old ceramic tiles, natural stone, wood and adhesive residues (as long as they are water resistant). When the primer is completely dry, a leveling compound or mortar can be applied to it. The drying time varies from 2 to 5 hours and depends on the environment (temperature and humidity). However, it is recommended that you never wait longer than 24 hours.
Consumption ranges from 0.10 to 0.20 kg/m2 depending on the porosity of the substrate and how the product is applied.